On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 08:49  PM, Wim Couwenberg wrote:

I am releasing a snapshot of LuaSocket 1.5 for Lua-5.0-beta.

Very nice!  We need sockets support in our projects before
we can switch over to Lua 5 so thanks for the effort.

I have a question about luasocket (for Lua 4.0.1) on Win32
(we currently test on Windows 98.) It turns out that the
select call does not sleep at all when called with empty
tables and a positive timeout but instead returns
immediately.  Do you know a way to patch this?  (It's not
that important, but it would be just that bit nicer.
Currently we check for empty tables and sleep instead of
doing a select.)

Thanks,
Wim

If I am not mistaken, it is a problem with the Win32's select.

--Renato