lhf wrote:
So, can we create a SF project named "lua" and a list named "l"? It would be
nice to have lua-l at lua.org but I'd settle for lua-l at lua-users.org or
even lua-l at sf.net. Can this be done? What is the simplest name that would
be acceptable to SF?

It could be done, and the domain can be set to anything. However, I wouldn't feel comfortable requesting a project from sourceforge just for a mailing list, and doubt it would get approved if we were honest about our intentions.

I don't think sourceforge is a good long term solution. They may change their policy one day. They may disappear one year. Also, as Thatcher mentioned, they attach advertisements to list postings.

-John

--
http:// if   l .   /