>  Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:27:27 -0300
>  Waldemar Celes <celes@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>
>  I am working on tolua 5.
>  I hope to release an alpha version by the end of this month.

Great!

I beloved tolua  now. It first looked a bit  suspicious for me because
of the .pkg syntax, but after getting used to it and finding the right
workarounds it  saves me lots of time,  and I got the  feeling that it
just does the right thing with respect to lua binding.

I have one suggestion: it would  be nice to have a prefix (like '$$$')
which marks  C code which  is placed into the  tolua_..._open routine.
The rationale  is that this  way it is  e.g. possible to  bind garbage
collection tag methods  (lua5 will be different on  that, i know) from
within  the  .pkg.   For  tolua4,  it  was  just   possible  to  patch
verbatim.lua in as simple way in order to facilitate this.

Juergen Fuhrmann