> I am working on tolua 5.
> I hope to release an alpha version by the end of this month.
>
> -- waldemar

Great! I switched back to Lua4 so I'd have tolua functionality, but now it
looks like I can use 5. I've also got a tolua question I've been thinking
about...would it be possible to have a base class in your C code, say (to
use the example from the documentation)

class Point { public: int x, y; };

...and have tolua bind it to the lua environment, then create a derived
class within Lua using the tolua class functions like this

ColorPoint = { color = 'black' }
tolua.class(ColorPoint,Point) -- set as class inheriting from Point

And then pass a colorpoint pointer back to a C++ function that handles
Point*'s? Would this be even feasible? (I think the fact that I have to ask
probably means that I need a different approach to my design, but hey, I
though I'd ask.)