>I donwloaded and compiled lua 5 beta and tried to test an old small test app,
>but now i got an error about lua_dostring. What happened with it in version
>5? Which is the correct way to execute code from strings/files now?

lua_dostring now exists in lauxlib for compatibility only.
Try #include'ing auxlib.h and linking with liblualib.a.

lua_dostring has been replaced by the more flexible lua_load. lauxlib
contains luaL_loadbuffer for convenience. See the implementation
of lua_dostring in lauxlib.c to see how to use lua_load and luaL_loadbuffer.
--lhf