Hello All,

I am looking for a simple script language which can be used from C++
program. I am going to incorporate this script language into antivirus
program engine. Each virus record will have its cure script, some will
be simple, some - more compliteted. There will be lots of scripts,
more than 10000 and some of them will be autogenerated. The question
is how to store all these scripts so that they take as little space as
possible?

I tried to convert scripts into bytecode but they sometimes take more
place than in source form. I know, that I can use any compression
library like zlib or ucl but I do not completely like this idea.
Comments and extra whitespaces could be removed to save space, also
many keywords can be replaced with numeric id's. I think the best
solution would be to store output of lexer in a compressed form (1
byte for each token id and also strings or numeric values if needed).
And I would appreciate the possibility to feed this data directly to
parser.

What do you think?

--
Best regards,