> There is no reason why a Lua debugger couldn't be written in wxPython,
> or wxLua for that matter. I'm a little out of touch with how far on
> wxLua is. I'm quite happy with Python for my standalone tools and Lua
> for embedding. I'm watching this project with great interest though.

wxLua already comes with a minimalist IDE including a fully functional
debugger.
The Editor and Debugger is a written mostly in Lua, using some simple C++
libraries.
wxLua 1.4 (Using Lua 4 and wxWindows 2.4.0) is currently being released.

wxLua 2.0 is under development and will be using Lua 5.

Cheers,
Peter