> > Not to be a pain in the a**, but is anyone else interested in
> > curses/text-only UI as well? How about a HTML user interface...
where
> > the same description could render a webpage?
>
> Here!  Here! absolutly!
> I've seen such projects for Python I think, but they were not very
> and seemed to lack support...
>
> I guess the real problem is 'the least common dominator', as a
graphic GUI,
> a text-based
> UI and a HTML UI have some very different requirements.
> And that's not because one is 'dumber' than the other. But I can do
things
> on a webpage that are difficult or unpractical in a GUI, and if I put
the
> page-based model into a GUI app, I end up with stupid wizards.
>
> I very much want as many UI options available for LuaCheia, maybe
this can
> be handled in a flexible way. Have a 'compat' layer that doesn't need
> know what kind of UI it serves, and do UI specific programming if rhe
need
> arises (Desktop-only app)

I remember years ago the GEOworks people (remember them) had some
abstract way to specify a user interface so that mapping to a different
widget set didn't require the code (object-oriented assembly
language... I wouldn't want to change it, either) to change. This kind
of approach might serve us well... any thoughts.

--
Continuous Computing
http://www.ccpu.com