Martin Spernau wrote:

> I would vote for the Lua based 'premake' as it can automate the various
> platform build-files (project files) etc. nicely.
>
> But I would also very much like to favor MinGW over MSVC for the windows
> parts. For one MinGW is very much closer to the *IX way of doing things,
> and it's free.
> I'm not sure if we _need_ to support MSVC directly, as we are mainly
> trying to provide a binary distro for the various plattforms (?(
>
> -Martin

Hmmm... I checked out premake today, but I must say
I see some limitations to it. For instance, it lacks a MAC
port. And, I couldn't even get it to compile itself.
Also we might have to watch out for the "bootstrap problem"

I think a mixed build system which combines automake
with Visual Studio and Metrowerks project files would be
feasible. Other cross-platform libraries such as SDL or
FLTK use a similar method. Now the problem is, that
I don't know automake. Anyone here who could give me
any pointers?

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be