Hi,

>From the WIKI:

>Vis Lua Implementation
>
>This is some notes on various issues to do with the implementation of VisLua.
>
>GUI library
>
>There are hundreds of GUI libraries [1], but few good portable, well maintained ones. Here are some options :-
>
>    wxWindows [2]. This is quite a big library but had lots of useful widgets and is quite portable. Platforms supported are [3]
>    :-                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bloat!
>        Windows 3.1, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows ME.
>        Linux and other Unix platforms with GTK+.
                                             ^^^^
Bloat!
>        Unix with Motif or the free Motif clone Lesstif.
                                                 ^^^^^^^
Bloat!

So it does _not_ run on top of plain X11R6. We would depend on GTK+ or
Motif/Lesstif to get it ported.  IMHO nearly impossible to get the job
done.

>        Mac OS.
>        Embedded platforms are being investigated. See the wxUniversal project.
>        An OS/2 port is in progress, and you can also compile wxWindows for GTK+ or Motif on OS/2.
>    FLTK [4]. Quite compact and fast, as name implies. Not particularly portable. Platforms :-
>        X - Unix.
Just on top of plain X11R6 and glx (for OpenGL) without any additional library.
Very clean, appearantly works everywhere where C++ and X works, i.e. on every **ix/ux
>        Win32.
         Now MacOS. (see www.fltk.org)
Embedded platforms being investigated. See e.g. http://www.ssv-embedded.de/trm/021203gui.htm.

May be  my bloat statements are a  bit drastic, so please  do not take
them personally,  but LuaCheia already  seems to become  quite complex
and we need to keep the ends...

Juergen