Hi, nice start!
there's an error in your frames.htm file that prevents it from displaying:
(the <body> goes into the <noframes> part if present)

Thanks for your work, I think this can be very usefull!

-Martin

Andy Stark wrote:

OK then...

The prototype version of the Alternative Lua Annotated Reference Manual
(ALARM) is now visible at:-

	http://www.blackpoolsixth.ac.uk/lua/ALARM/

The file that is probably most interesting at the moment is "frames.htm"
which loads the main reference manual with a semi-useful index down the
side. The source XML and the XSLT stylesheets I used to generate the HTML
are in the same folder.

Perhaps everyone (especially the Big 3: RI, WC and LHF) could have a look
at this and see if the basic concept is OK. I fully realise and
acknowledge that some of the material is incomplete or incorrect,
especially the bits I have written myself! I mainly want to know if it is
really suitable for any practical purpose. Some of the obvious things I
already know about are:-

- Most of the entries are just adapted from the main Lua Reference Manual;
- Not every entry has a code example or a proper description;
- Some of the code examples are dog food dull and hardly help at all;
- The HTML layout is boring and not maximally useful (no interlinks
between entries, etc);
- The code examples use the unpredictable <PRE> tag;
- The entries are not in the most helpful order;

...but this is where the "collaborative' bit comes in. If the basic idea
appears to be sound, then we can start arguing about what should be
changed and whether the background should be blue or green and whether the
word Lua should be written in a special font, etc :-)

Thanks in advance for any interest you might show,
&.

PS - our web server is known not to be very reliable. I will try to keep a
close eye on it for the next few days.