http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/binary_modules/win32/lua-lm-2002-11-27.zip
> that can get you started I hope.

That's good.

More interesting would be, if there are some "ready to build" archives
packaged for freely available compilers for windows (I know of Borland
CC, MinGW, Cygwin).

With Cygwin, I've compiled lua more than once, but then you have these
"ugly" /cygdrive/... paths, I think (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't
tested
yet if the cygwin-runtime dynamically converts C: to /cygdrive/c/), and
the lua-binary is linked with this "huge"-cygwin environment (slow startup
times).

It would also be interesting, how the build process can be unified across
this
architectures. Automake / Autoconf do work with cygwin and unix, but not
with windows. Would a premake script in addition to 'configure' be  an
option
for those not working in a posix environment?

Regards, Markus

--
SIGSTOP