Just add a backslash at the end of a line to tell it to wait for the end before processing it, like this:

if X > Y then \
  print("X is greater than Y") \
end

Cheers,

Burt

intern_number_1 wrote:

When using the lua interactive interpreter I have a problem where I can not do anything that needs to span multiple lines.

E.g. the following would not work

if X > Y then
  print("X is greater than Y")
end

Is this possible to do with the interactive interpreter? If so what do I need to do different than usual? Also if there was somewhere I could find some general documentation or a help file on the interactive interpreter that would be great too. I looked on the lua homepage, but couldn't find it; maybe I'm just missing it though.