MichaelL@frogware.com wrote:
It depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to build an interpreter that runs in .NET, then yes that's of course possible. And it's possible to write some glue that allows you to call to and from that interpreter (as you can call to and from C in Lua).

This is exactly, what I'm trying to do. I don't want to port Lua to .NET ... just be able to call .NET code from Lua. The calling convention which Lua (by default) uses for callbacks poses a problem, though, as it prevents me from passing delegates to Lua ... which is the only method I know of how to call back a C# function. So, I wanted to mention this to the Lua community ... I can easily compile a Lua DLL, which allows the passing of delegates by changing the calling convention to stdcall.

Somebody mentioned the existance of LuaPlus per private mail. It has a managed wrapper of their enhanced C++ Lua interface, but I just wanted the bare bones Lua API (for starters).

Thanks,
Marco