John Donovan wrote:

I've not noticed this before, but the 4.0 refman.pdf is unsearchable. It
looks like it's been converted from a Postscript file. I've just looked at
5.0 alpha refman.pdf, and that is searchable. Is it too late to reconvert
the 4.0 manual to a searchable .pdf? I don't have distiller, otherwise I
would offer to do it.

If you need 5.0a manual, check Andy Starks version with bookmarks and
table-of-contents. I think it is great!

        http://www.blackpoolsixth.ac.uk/lua/

It has identical content to the original, but has bookmarks, and
table of content, which you can open in acrobat reader navigation
panel etc..

(Unfortunately I cannot get into that address just now, luckilly I have
the file here locally)

			Eero