Andy Stark wrote:
> There is no point in
> adding features that are common in other languages (at least we
> shouldn't treat this as high priority)
I think it's all worth a try. In the end, it's just about marketing: if you make
things clear on your marketing efforts that the focus is at embedding and having
a lightweight, 100% ANSI-C core, there's no reason not to start developing
fancy add-ons around it.
And if you are really concerned abount mixing things up, then develop the add-on
at a separate project-website - get a sourceforge account for it, etc.

--
[]'s
Fábio R. Cecin