Pyrogon Public wrote:
> So if someone wants to build a DLL, they just do:
>
> #define LUA_API extern __declspec(dllimport)
>
> or whatever the proper syntax is?

It should be __declspec(dllexport) when building the dll and
__declspec(dllimport) when linking against it. That's if you want implicit
linking. If not, __declspec(dllexport) or writting a .def file is enough.

> In the LIB distribution on the Web site, how do you ensure proper order
> of parameter passing/stack cleanup (pascal, cdecl, fastcall) or
> structure packing/alignment?   I'm guessing in the latter case that Lua
> doesn't export any user modifiable structures, which would solve that
> problem cleanly.

I guess cdecl is expected, but nothing prevents you to use your own calling
convention.

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

Yahoo! Messenger