> Actually, "extern" was added as the default value of LUA_API.

> LUA_API was introduced in Lua 4.0 by popular demand so that
> it was easy to introduce special syntax for Windows DLLs.

So if someone wants to build a DLL, they just do:

#define LUA_API extern __declspec(dllimport)

or whatever the proper syntax is?

In the LIB distribution on the Web site, how do you ensure proper order
of parameter passing/stack cleanup (pascal, cdecl, fastcall) or
structure packing/alignment?   I'm guessing in the latter case that Lua
doesn't export any user modifiable structures, which would solve that
problem cleanly.

Brian