Hi,

We are did try to use dlmalloc to replace the regular malloc but it
didn't seem to make much difference...well other than the fact we are
probably doing something wrong anyway ;-)>

I also found out(not sure if the info that valid) that the dlmalloc
is the same one used by in linux anyways so it seemed kinda silly to
replace it.

Terence
--- In lua-l@y..., Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@t...> wrote:
> >I think a lot of fragmentation problems are down to the allocation
> >algorithm. There is some useful info here and I think this
allocator
> >looks pretty good. I think I pulled it off this list a while ago.
Its
> >fast and should be good for a scripting system allocating and
> >deallocating little blocks of similar sizes.
> >http://g.oswego.edu/dl/html/malloc.html
>
> We'd be very interested in knowing whether simply replacing the
system malloc
> and friends by dlmalloc (the one at the URL above) helps. It's
difficult for
> us to test memory allocation pattern in typical, real-life cases.
So, someone
> with memory fragmentation problems or suspicion of such, could you
please try
> dlmalloc and see if makes any difference? Please report here.
Thanks.