Greetings all.

I recently downloaded Lua's documentation and the book "Programming
in Lua". I liked everything I read but I need some advice.

I've been using Visual Basic to develop windows applications for
several years. I don't really like the language -- its clunky and
tedious and doesn't promise much in the way of cross platform
development. Added to that is the simple fact that I don't much like
being handcuffed to Bill Gates, I've been looking for an alternative.

Lua is everything good that Basic isn't for stand-alone development,
but I haven't been able to find an simple integrated IDE for Lua. It
could be that I'm just looking in the wrong places, so I'd appreciate
any advice or guidance.

A simple wxLua IDE would be wonderful. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your comments.

Joe