Dear All,

It is my pleasure to announce the release 0.2 of the Guis Gtk2 widget
server.

Guis is a widget server, communicating with a single client
application thru pipes.

The requests from application to Guis are Lua commands.

FWIW, Lua is an easily embeddable scripting language - see
http://www.lua.org/

The commands (from application to Guis) may build a Gtk graphical user
interface, using the gtk2 toolkit. see http://www.gtk.org/

The replies (from Guis to application) are simple XML nodes, or the
same nodes sent in a lispy S-expr simpler syntax. These nodes can be
artirarily built (names, attributes, contents are built by Lua code).

The lua glue code (in C) for GTK2 is machine generated (by a
CommonLisp script) from GTK API definition files borrowed from
python-gnome. So most of GTK API is interfaced to Guis.

Guis is an opensource personal project under the GPL license.

See http://www.starynkevitch.net/Basile/guisdoc.html
and download code from
http://www.starynkevitch.net/Basile/guis-0.2.tar.gz

If this interests you, please email me remarks, patches, comments,
etc...

Thanks to Aaron J Reichow for his initial comments.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org