Nick Trout wrote:
Trouble is you have to distribute all of wxLua rather than just link with
the bits of wx you need. One of the appeals of SciTE is that its quite a
compact little editor.

point taken. A scriptable SciTE is definetly on my wish list. But having all the other widgets'n'stuff wx offers _might_ be worth the additional bulk as you said.

> A minimal build of wx is about 530k, which using upx
can be reduced to something like 210k. Currently wxLua is 950k (compressed
with upx).
> But I suppose thats a fairly minor point. As long as the extra
bulk is justified by extra, worthy features I supposed either way is
satisfactory.