> > BTW, I agree with Benjohn and your remarks. Compressed XML is
> > efficient.
> > Note that then, you have to take an extra step to edit it in
> > a text editor,
> > which can be a bit cumbersome for frequent edits.
> > Perhaps we should add automatic/transparent
> > decompression/compression (using
> > zlib) to SciTE... An idea to study.
>
> By the time you've added all the complexity and bulk of an XML parser and

Why an XML parser? There is already an XML lexer, enough for syntax
highlighting. SciTE isn't a pure XML editor.

> zlib, you could have just add Lua to SciTE? Its a good editor but what it

I haven't used zlib yet, but I am not sure it is so complex to add in its
DLL form. Or shared library. Now I can be wrong.

> lacks is decent per-language options (eg. indenting is the small in all
> languages and must be altered explicitly). A scripting language would make

Uh?
indent.size.*.lua=4
tab.size.*.lua=4
use.tabs.*.lua=1
for example. Where is the problem?

> sc1 a very powerful lightweight editor. You could easily configure it in
Lua
> and expose and interface for editing like MSDev. (This is what I'm trying
> do with VisLua).
>
> Nick

Well, adding Lua, or actually any scripting language via a stub DLL, is in
the list of things to do. The trouble is, the list is pretty long, and the
time quite short :-)
Configuring SciTE with Lua was tested by Neil Hodgson quite some time ago,
and was dropped because he though there was no interest in it. Too bad.

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)

http://www.gmx.net