>You always get that for syntax. It's easier to think about
>and everyone has pet likes and hates.

How true. For what it's worth, I agree with Asko's opinion:
>To me, clearly separate syntaxes is better than some that are "close by"

Anyway, I feel comfortable with C, Lua, Basic, assembly and many other
language's syntaxes: it's just a matter of throwing a mind switch, and that
comes automatically with habit, however foreign or strange the syntax may
feel at first glance.

On the practical side, making cosmetic syntactical changes at this stage
can only hinder Lua diffusion. Making some part of the syntax optional
would be even worse and should be avoided at all costs: programmers would
have trouble reading other people's code.

  Enrico