>> { } symbols) since non-programmers aren't generally trained to recognize
symbols as

This is really no more than 2 cents.

Well, my particular feeling is that any human beeing (or for that matter,
not even a dog )doesn't need any training to recognize symbols. The whole
learning process is symbol based and associating conscient brain processes
with them. Extrapolating, I thing words are nothing by symbols. An
association if you want, to allow verbal comunication.

Dan