> Of course, its an extremly personal thing. I just happen to think if -
> then - end has a great redundancy. if {} is much more conchise.

This is a silly argument. But I'm in a silly mood...

Semantically, it's exactly the same thing (or put another way, the
abstract syntax is the same).

Otherwise, there are two things to count: characters and tokens. if () {}
wins on characters (6-9, not counting spaces). if then end wins on tokens
(3-5). Of course, if () wins in the case that you only need a block, not a
statement, in both ways. But it sacrifices consistency to achieve this.

--
http://www.mupsych.org/~rrt/ | plagiarism, n.  the mind burgles