Hi, guys!   (and girls?)

I've taken this week for Lua work, finishing a job I started before the
vacations. It's about "Glua-X" or "Glua 2.0", whatever we'd like to call it.
Based on Glua 1.0 by Enrico Colombini, it provides a convenient C-to-Lua
interface by a set of C macros.

What's especially new is the ability to package C code into stand-alone DLLs
that have a 'hook' for registering them into a Lua engine. This means, we
can do extensions to Lua _without_ the need to recompile the whole
development platform. A feature I have been wishing for, at least.

So, please:

Have a look at the beta package at
	http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/users/akauppi/
and give some feedback.

If you're an author of a Lua IDE etc. development system, could you consider
enabling it as a "Glua host"? (necessary code is in the package)

Enrico's been informed of this development and he's seen some early
versions. This is the first one I'll send out publically and still contains
some "to-do" issues (mainly with documentation and error messages). I am
willing to maintain this for now but truly wish it would find its way into
official Lua code.

Last word of warning: as the docs lack behind, always trust code prior to
them!
Looking at 'selftest.c' should give a good starting point.

Yours friendly, :)
- Asko Kauppi
  Flextronics Design Finland