I must be missing something but it appears LUA doesn't handle properly user
data that is (void*)NULL with a custom tag. Is this the case indeed?

On my application user data when some of it was represented by (void*)NULL
the "gc" event handler recieves some bogus pointers causing the app to
crash. I had to change my NULL user data  to have ANYTAG instead of my
object tag in order to avoid crashes in "gc" handler for that object tag.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
AB