>Windows CE (including Pocket PC) lacks some standard C library
>functions so it may not be as straightforward as you think.  I did a
>port of Lua 3.2 to an older version of Windows CE a few years ago and
>has to implement a lot of stdio functions

The core library in Lua 5.0 will not depend on stdio, except for *one* use
of sprintf to convert numbers to strings. The standard library does use stdio.

(If someone knows a fast, small, portable function that converts floating-point
numbers to strings such that converting the string back to a number gives the
*same* number, please let me know. I know about the ones by David Gay in netlib,
but they're too complicated.)
--lhf