"Christopher S. Charabaruk" <ccharabaruk@meldstar.com> writes:

> Lua should not have a problem building on the Pocket PC. The way Lua
> is written, there's no need for ports, since it'll build on pretty
> much anything. I'm sure I could get Lua binaries for the Commodore 64!

Windows CE (including Pocket PC) lacks some standard C library
functions so it may not be as straightforward as you think.  I did a
port of Lua 3.2 to an older version of Windows CE a few years ago and
has to implement a lot of stdio functions, current versions of Windows
CE are a better though.  If I did the same thing again I would
probably try using CELIB, a library for porting Unix apps to Windows
CE.

You can find CELIB at:

http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/celib.html

Julian Back