On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 05:20, Benjohn Barnes wrote:
> on 19/6/02 12:15 AM, Björn De Meyer at bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be wrote:
>
> Is there any difference between coroutines and co-operative threads? I'd not
> heard the term before coming to this discussion group. The definition I just
> looked up appears to be identical.

Not really - Lua doesn't actually support co-operative threads, a system
for threading has to be "hacked" in on top of the co-routines.  Plus,
co-routines are made for returning values to a calling thread; there may
be a better way of optimizing the system for threading other than
co-routines.  Game like speed, and embedded devices like small
foot-prints.  ^,^