Hi,

What about settling for something like the usual alfa/beta/rc/gold cycles
(Tecgraf could use whatever nomenclature fancies them), where

alfa 1...alfa N implies product still in development, specifications still
subject to change, conceptual and implementation bugs expected and accepted,
documentation scarce or not available.

beta 1...beta N implies product in debug phase, specifications frozen,
implementation bugs expected and accepted, documentation in draft phase.

rc 1...rc N implies product in final debug phase, specifications frozen, no
known implementation bugs, documentation in revision phase.

gold implies product ready for public delivery, no known implementation
bugs, documentation ready.

As the versioning numbers I think we could adopt the usual
Major.Minor.BugFix notation, where

Major implies conceptual and significant changes in the language
specification
Minor implies corrections, improvements and small changes in the language
specification
BugFix implies only patches and bug fixes. No changes the language in
specification.

Regards,

Carregal