> anybody out there who's using Doxygen for documentation of Lua code?
> Maybe someone already wrote a script converting the Lua style comments
> into doxygen compatible format?

Yes, I'm using Doxygen for Lua.  Unfortunately, my employer wouldn't be happy about me sharing my preprocessor with the world :-(

I did it with a C++ program using the boost regex library.  It also allows you to use a "\script" command to comment functions in C code as part of the script API. (This is the most useful bit, actually).  I allow --[[! and --[[* to start Doxygen comment blocks in Lua.

One problem I haven't solved yet is how to document functions with module names attached (e.g. math.sin()).  Doxygen doesn't like the dot.

Sorry I can't help you as much as I'd like.

Martin.