From: "Björn De Meyer" <bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Fiber thing?

For more on setjmp/longjmp fibers
please look at the following page:

http://www.csl.mtu.edu/cs4411.ck/www/NOTES/non-local-goto/mtp.html

It describes a scheduler written in ANSI C using only
setjmp and longjmp. It has one major deficiency,
that is, it does not copy the stack. So you cannot use
non-static local variables in the functions that are
running in parallel as coroutines/fibers.

But, perhaps it is possible to perform this feat with
just plain ANSI C. Is anyone here courageous enough to try?

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be