--- Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> We changed the names of some of them ('string', 'table'), but we could
> not think of good long names for the 'io' and the 'os' libraries...

For the 'os' namespace, several languages use 'system'. Not that I dislike 'os', I prefer short
namespace names.

Personally, I think splitting the Lua's tiny library up into all these different namespaces is
overkill.  C++'s standard library dwarfs Lua's, and it does just fine with one namespace (std).
The most important thing is getting the library out of the user's namespace. I think one 'lua'
namespace would have been more than enough, and would have kept the namespace moniker short and
sweet (and impossible to forget).

Cheers,
Eric