I've extended the 'glua10' found at Lua's "tools" page to get better C / Lua
integration. I agree that the native tools for this are still too ...
clumsy.

My idea is to have a stand-alone "original" lua interpreter, which
automatically scans a certain "extensions" directory for any modules placed
in there by the user / admin. It'll call those modules, letting them
register with itself and voila!

This means your C code should be in DLLs. If you want to avoid them
completely, you'll need to compile a monolithic app + lua like everyone's
now supposed to be doing.

- Asko

--
Asko Kauppi