> It is. Our idea is to provide a compatibility file, in Lua, that build
> the old library on top of the new one. Most of its work is
> simply renaming:
>
>    sin = math.sin
>    cos = math.cos
>
> A few functions need a real "implementation". Follows
> attached a sketch of
> this file.

One comment which immediately springs to mind is please don't abbreviate the
module names!

table.foreach
table.getn
debug.getinfo
string.find
string.len

is much clearer and really not that much more effort?

By all means script the implementation simply but please keep the interface
names of the standard library meaningful. str or tab could be any number of
abbreviations.

Regards,
Nick