On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 03:46:41PM +0200, cougar@centrum.cz wrote:
> no reference to the original object. Is there some easy way of
> storing my custom pointer within the lua_state or is there some
> other solution to this problem?

One possibility is to use a userdata to store a pointer to your C++ class
instance, and then ensure that the userdata is passed to each of those
static functions (by using closures -- look at push_cclosure in your manual)

> I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm a lua newbie.

We all were newbies once :)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited