> Likewise, I'd love to hand this off to the Lua authors.

We are not going to invest time on an incremental GC in the near
future, unless someone else builds a "proof of concept". A proof of
concept is an implementation that shows that we can have incremental
GC in Lua with (1) small complexity (mainly small size), (2) portable
code, and (3) small overhead.

Lua is quite different from OCaml and other languages with incremental GC,
and I have no idea how such collectors would behave in Lua. (For
instance, tables in Lua are very dynamic [and can be very big], and so
write-barriers can be expensive.)

-- Roberto