On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:45:46PM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > > I noticed you didn't expose lua_loadbuffer as an external symbol in
> > > the shared library.
>
> Lua 4.0 officially has no lua_loadbuffer and friends.
> *Please*, package the official Lua 4.0 code. You may want to add the patch
> as a separate thing, of course. Thanks.

Hmm, I can either package it in the "Debian version" of lua 4.0 or else I
could provide an "alternative" liblua package.

My current favourite is to make the symbol exposed but guard the definition
of it in lua.h with something like

#ifdef DEBIAN_LOADBUFFER
#endif

How does that sit with people?

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited