On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:45:46PM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > > I noticed you didn't expose lua_loadbuffer as an external symbol in
> > > the shared library.
> Lua 4.0 officially has no lua_loadbuffer and friends.
> *Please*, package the official Lua 4.0 code. You may want to add the patch
> as a separate thing, of course. Thanks.

Hmm, I can either package it in the "Debian version" of lua 4.0 or else I
could provide an "alternative" liblua package.

My current favourite is to make the symbol exposed but guard the definition
of it in lua.h with something like

How does that sit with people?

Daniel Silverstone
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited
GPG Public key available from               KeyId: 20687895
Brain fried -- Core dumped