--- In lua-l@y..., CRIBBSJ <CRIBBSJ@o...> wrote:
> IMHO, it would make more sense to compare Lua to Tcl, not Python
or
> Perl.  Python is know for its "batteries" included philosophy.
Perl is
> just ... bloated (not that that's horrible; you can get A LOT done
with
> Perl).  Tcl, on the other hand, is still relatively lean and
mean.  Most

<snip>

> being a successor to Tcl.  Of course, I hold Tcl in a lot higher
regard
> than a lot of people do.  :)

True, I would agree with you that Tcl is probably a better thing to
compare it with.  And we hold opposite views on Tcl ;)  (I'm in the
process of convincing developers on other products here to offer Lua
instead of Tcl as the embedded scripting language, and these
products are for developing embedded control systems)

> By the way, in response to your statement above, there are a lot
of
> people on this list who could care less about the discussions
people
> have about Lua's embedded capabilities.  :)     I think Lua is a
good
> enough language to satisfy both camps.

Also agreed.  I should proof my posts before sending to keep this in
mind. :)

Jim Wuerch
Real-Time Innovations