[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Other languages for the LuaVM
- From: Richard van Zon <rvanzon@<a href="/cgi-bin/echo.cgi?relectus.com">...</a>>
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:40:53 +0100
I am particular new to Lua (my first project using it, I formally
used S-Lang much)
but am very impressed by the speed and API.
For my project I actually need(ed) a C-like API,
Lua is more Pascal/Delphi like, I think.
thats okay...but still! I miss brackets in functions
and ++ for example.
I am thinking about to create a compiler which
compiles a C/Java-like language to the LuaVM.
Maybe it eventually would be possible to adapt more languages
to the LuaVM, kinda like .NET is doing.
My questions are :
* is there any comprehensive documentation about the LuaVM ?
* is anyone interrested in this idea ? and maybe actually want to help
* is someone actually busy with something like this already ?
Another idea was to translate that code to Lua...so the Lua compiler
can compile it. But I foresee several problems and restrictions in this
So, shoot ;-)
Richard van Zon