Seems a system like this assumes a couple things:

- for WIN32, the Lua vm is also a DLL and the dynamically loaded
'interface DLL' is linked to it's stub. (otherwise, how does the interface
DLL gain access to the lua vm functional interface?)

- the vm is unmodified, including through the use of 4.1's
LUA_USERSTATE. Which, makes programming context based
interfaces tough, since you can't inject anything into the Lua
state structure.

yes, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Jim

That seems like a good idea, I will look for libraries in LUA_PATH, but also
in LUA_LIBPATH in case someone wants to put libraries in a different
directory.

I've uploaded here a first version of the addon here:
http://talika.fie.us.es/~titan/lua/

Feel free to criticise. It has not been extensively tested, tomorrow I will
try to write a simple library and some examples of its use.

The platform dependant code is isolated in a few macros and definitions, so
that if someone wants to port it to a different platform only has to touch a
few lines of code.

Ignacio Castaño
castano@asidesoft.com