> we need to formalize a system like Perl's one (seems quite
> successful for

To be honest I dont know that much about Perl, I just know its much easier
to use ppm than it is to try and download a module and install it yourself.
With Python you just unzip a package in the Python path and bingo it works.
People who use Linux will probably be more familiar with nice installation
software than us Windoze users.

I think what you'd need for each library - to keep it all simple is: the
library dll and a script which described:
 * the library API
 * wrapped in any extra Lua functionality ie. nice way of calling eg.
wxWindowCreate{name="foo"}
 * dependency info ie. Lua version, which other libs and versions we
require.
 * docs
 * authors, links to info etc.

Then you just unzip into the library path and require the appropriate script
wrapper which does the business for you.

Jay:
>> There are two annoyances I see in loadlib2:

loadlib has:

  static struct luaL_reg funcs[] = {
    {"loadlib",     loadlib},
    {"unloadlib",   unloadlib},