Daniel Silverstone wrote:

As the Debian maintainer of the Lua packages I have the following timeline:

1. Implement a lua40 package set and migrate the lua41 stuff to be called
lua41 instead of lua4

2. Implement a loadlibrary like thing (prolly use loadlib since it's there)

3. Make that the default lua for debian

4. Take as many extensions as I can find and add them to Debian as
loadlib'able extensions.

Unfortunately I don't know how much time I do/don't have to do it all in :(

I sure don't want to sound ungrateful to you Daniel, or to Nick Trout for your posts and the work you are doing, but I, for one, would really like to see this whole dynamic library thing available for the Windoze platform. Because of end-user demands, I find myself doing a lot of development on Windows. So implementing this functionality on Linux, while a great help, would still be just half the battle.

Jamey Cribbs