> I'm anoyed with the amount lua extensions out there. With lua
> extensions I
> mean lua binaries that are linked with different libraries.

I do agree this is an issue that I was going to resolve in Doris by having a
base executable and use loadlib to load extensions. In time perhaps I would
seperate out the GL, GLUT and GLUI code from Doris and provide this as a
library as well.

> - A single entrypoint in the library: (i.e.
> Register(lua_State *) ) where
> all the lua functions are exported.
> - A new function in iolib (i.e. loadlib )
> - loadlib "wxlua"
> - A tag method to unload the library.
> - Alternatively the library can also export an 'Unregister'
> function to remove the exported functions from lua.

I agree this would be sensible. It would be nice if loadlib were adopted by
the Lua community and modifed into a framework for writing standard modules.
eg. skeleton code, examples and docs. With maybe something similar to ppm in
time.

> how would it interact with multiple lua states.

I'll leave this one to the experts.

Regards,
Nick