On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >I think we all need more tests (or real test suite) for Lua.
>
> Roberto has a large test suite that he uses frequently when modifiying Lua.

I can release this test suite, but it has some problems:

- most comments and messages are in Portuguese (but you usually do not
need them; the only essencial message is an "OK" after each test).

- they are not quite portable. They run in Windows and Unix, but some Unix
implementations fail some tests because of bugs in their own C libraries.
(E.g. IRIX's strtod accepts "1e" [or something similar] as a valid numeral...)

- some tests are quite memory demanding. You may need to adjust them to
fit in your machine (if you have an old/small machine).

-- Roberto