I know that evolution needs changes. But I also know that stability brings trust.

We develop many bindings of our C libraries to Lua. These bindings are small but they are not that simple. Also they are very stable, and they need only a few changes or no changes after a new library version.

Recently for every new version of Lua We usually have to write a completely new binding code because of the Lua C API changes.

Also our many applications are not using the new version of Lua, because they are written in C and so good working code has to be changed because of an API change.

Lua code is much simpler to change. But our C code is not. We are still using Lua 3.2. So...

Isn't there a time for stability ? or Should we re-write our C code to Lua 4 ? Are we going to re-write it again for Lua 5 and so on ? Does this make sense?

scuri