I just managed to do this, and in doing so solved a problem which has
perplexed me ever since I first tried: that the binaries crashed on
startup.

The trick is to remove -lm from EXTRA_LIBS. Otherwise, the math functions
are linked from Cygwin, but everything else (assuming you've added
something like -mwin32 -mno-cygwin) from Mingwin/Win32.

The way to check your binaries are correctly linked is to run cygcheck on
them and check that cygwin1.dll is not in the list of DLLs.

I hope this helps some people; it might be worth a comment in one of the
readmes, as this is a real gotcha. (It also explains why other people had
no problem making it build; I guess for some people this is obvious!)

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/
L'art des vers est de transformer en beautés les faiblesses (Aragon)