On Thursday 29 November 2001 04:46 pm, you wrote:

> You can find an alpha version of the IUPLUA 4.0 binary at:
>
> http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~mark/iuplua4
>
> I have compiled it already with LuaSocket and LuaSQL. The final release
> should come together with IUP 1.9.0.
>
> Have fun!
> Mark

Ok, I have developed a small app using the above mentioned binary.  If anyone
is interested in seeing some of the things that can be done with this version
of the interpreter, I would be happy to email you the lua source code files
for the app I built.

I will put out a disclaimer now:  the code is ugly.  I am just learning lua
and I'm not such a great programmer to begin with.  But, it works!

I have been very happy using iuplua.  It seems similar, yet easier, to
developing in Tcl/Tk.  And Mark has been VERY helpful and patient in
answering my numerous questions.

If you do want the zipped source code to my app, just email me at
cribbsj@oakwood.org.  In addition to my source code, you will also need the
iuplua4 interpreter mentioned by Mark above.  Also, you will need to setup an
ODBC DSN on your Windows pc, name it "bamboo", and point it to the mdb file
included in the zip file that I send you.

I've only tested all of this on Win2k, so, YMMV.

Jamey Cribbs